All skilled care provided by United Nursing Services is directed under a physician’s orders and is both coordinated and supervised by our Registered Nurse supervisors.
When you select United Nursing Services you can expect to meet with a Registered Nurse Clinical Supervisor, who will discuss with you the appropriate level and frequency of care you required. A United Nursing Services nurse will provide the following services, as needed:
- Medication administration, education & management (pill box refills)
- Teaching & wound management
- Wound and Ostomy care
- Post-operative care, including reconstructive/cosmetic surgery care
- IV therapy
- Ventilator and tracheostomy care
- Diabetic teaching & care
- Urological care (intermittent catheterization, indwelling catheter change)
- Neurological care (for example, spinal cord or brain injury)
- Cardiopulmonary care
- Orthopaedic care
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Psychiatric care
- HIV care
- Pediatric care
- Supplemental hospice services
- Accompany patient to doctor’s appointments to ensure up to date and correct medical information
Please Note: Licensed practical nurses cannot perform all duties that registered nurses can, such as, assessments and administering blood products.
Our nursing staff may also assist with activities of daily living such as house hold needs, covered social needs, transportation during hourly care, as needed.